AUDITION for the project Topologie by French company les gens d’uterpan
– a 10 day experience in the city of Copenhagen
Dansehallerne has invited the artists Annie Vigier & Franck Apertet (les gens d’Uterpan) to activate the project Topologie during our festival Close Encounters Vol. 2 in April 2019.
The company is looking for local dancers for the project and will hold a 3 days audition workshop
Tuesday February 5th to Thursday February 7th 2019.
Deadline for application 18th January 2019.
If you need more information, please contact Hanne Svejstrup email@example.com
Open Call / Dansehallerne is looking for new artistic works or concepts for young audiences season 2019-2020.
Please apply no later than 26 November 2018
As part of a new programme for children and youngsters, Dansehallerne is touring the country with artistic concepts and works that aim to let young audiences meet dance and choreography as an art form – as spectators and participants.
We are interested in developing new artistic and communicative formats where the understanding of dance for and with young audiences is challenged.
The formats can be developed for inside activity in day care institutions/kindergartens and schools, as site specifics or installations, but we also welcome other kinds of artistic expressions and formats.
Productions for day care and kindergartens
We are looking for:
- Three works or concepts which have already been created or tested or which can be developed within Dansehallerne’s production frames .
- Works or concepts that address children from the age of 0-2,5 years and 2,5– 6 years.
- Works or concepts with a duration af 60 minutes for a group of 15-20 children or 3-5 hours for all the children in the institution (divided in three groups during the day).
- Works or concepts that contain one or two artists willing to tour in Denmark during the 2019/20 season.
Productions for schools
We are looking for:
- Three works or concepts that address school children from one of the following groups.: Grade 0 – 3, 4 –6 and 7 –10. Duration: 90 minutes. Participants: 50 – 60 children.
- One work or concept that addresses school children from one of the following groups.: Grade 0 – grade 3, grade 4 – grade 6, Grade 7 – grade 10. Duration: 5 hours Participants: 25- 60 children.
- Works or concepts that contain two or three artists willing to tour in Denmark during the 2019/20 season.
- The artists should have work experience with children and youngsters.
- As a group, the artists must be able to communicate in Danish or another Nordic language.
- At least one of the artists in the group must hold a driving license.
- On tour the company will typically perform two short or one long work per day.
- The scenography of the works/concepts should be simple and easy to move and not demand blackout.
- A development and production period from 5 to 15 days where the artists work with the concept and test the results with an audience.
- Professional advisory. e.g. a dramaturg, a dance facilitator or other.
- A national tour organized by Dansehallerne in cooperation with the artists.
- All expenses for transportation, housing and food are payed by Dansehallerne.
- Opportunities to expand peer networks.
- Payment during production and tour.
How to apply
You’ll find the application form on https://www.dansehallerne.dk/en/children/
Please send the application no later than 26 November 2018, 12.00 noon.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions
Unne Loa Jensen 3388 8005 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Katrine Korning 3388 8004 or email@example.com
Ulla Gad 3388 8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dansehallerne’s children- and youth strategy is supported by the Danish Arts Foundation.